Easy, flavorful family food from Southern Living.
Make and share this Chicken 'n' Spinach Pasta Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed (I used 10 oz. fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts (I used chopped rotisserie chicken from the grocery deli)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare rigatoni acoording to package directions.
- Meanwhile, spread oil on bottom of an 11x7" baking dish; add onion in a single layer. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or just until tender. Transfer onion to a large bowl and set aside.
- Drain thawed spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towls.
- Stir rigatoni, spinach, chicken and next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl. Spoon mixture into baking dish, and sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarela cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.