Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe is absolutely super! SO tasty and SO inexpensive!
- 3 lbs fryer, cut in serving pieces
- 1 cup raw long-grain rice
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry; set aside.
- Combine rice, cream of chicken soup and water in Crock pot.
- Stir well to mix in soup.
- Place chicken pieces in a see-through roasting bag.
- Add onion soup mix and shake the bag to coat the chicken pieces thoroughly.
- Puncture 4-6 holes in the bottom of the bag. Fold top of bag over chicken and place in Crock Pot on top of rice.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 8-10 hours.
- Remove chicken to warm platter. Serve with rice.
I made this (used chicken broth instead of water) but I just placed a whole chicken on top of the rice mixture (used more broth & rice than called for and didn't have a roasting bag) . It turned out ok, I think the onion soup mix left a bitter taste, next time I'd omit.