Recipe by SHARON
This recipe is from Betty Crocker slow Cooker Favorites. I mixed the rice right into the soup and served it with hot cornbread. It was delicious!
Top Review by Mares C.
A truly tasty soup! Cooked on stovetop rather than crockpot and otherwise followed recipe. Very delicious and the aroma as it was cooking made both my husband and I anxious to taste.Very easy to make. I Thank You for posting this recipe, and I will make this again.
- 3⁄4 lb chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 lb fully cooked smoked sausage (I used Little Smokies)
- 2 stalks celery & leaves, sliced (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 large carrot, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut okra, thawed
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- red pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chicken, sausage, celery, carrot, onion, tomatoes, water, bouillon granules, and thyme in 4- to 5- quart.
- slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low for 61/2 to 7 hours.
- Add thawed okra and cook for 20 minutes longer.
- Spoon soup over rice in individual soup bowls.
- Serve with red pepper sauce.