Recipe by Marie
Just found this recipe, so have not tried it yet. It is my kind of dinner - all in one pot and sounds so good!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups rice (uncooked)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 jar marinated artichoke, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a 5 qt Dutch oven and add chicken.
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken, then cook until lightly browned on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to Dutch oven and add onion, garlic and rice and saute until rice is lightly browned.
- Add broth and next 4 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken back to pot and top with tomatoes and artichokes.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 45 minutes and stir about mid point.
- Add frozen peas, cover casserole and cook 5 to 10 more minutes or until liquid is absorbed.