Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Love one pan meals! Less clean up. This is a delicious cacciatore recipe using chicken breasts that are baked in a tomato wine sauce over rice and topped with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Spread rice in bottom of lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- In small bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon of the parsley and all remaining ingredients except chicken and cheeses.
- Pour over rice.
- Arrange chicken on top of rice mixture.
- Bake covered at 350° degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle cheeses on top.
- Return to oven and bake another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on remaining parsley just before serving.
I'm really surprised that I'm the first to try this. It's easy to make, VERY delicious, and the cooking time is right on. I made only one small change and used fresh mushrooms that I sauteed in some olive oil with a sprinkling of Italian seasoning. Definitely a keeper! Thanks.