Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This is a fairly easy, yet delicious recipe that uses simple ingredients you would usually have on hand. It makes a large batch so it's a good dish to bring to a potluck supper.
- 5 lbs chicken leg quarters or 1 whole chicken
- 1 (2 lb) bag long grain rice (white)
- 2 (26 ounce) cans mushroom soup
- Place chicken in a VERY large pot with enough water to cover.
- Turn heat on high. When water reaches boiling point reduce heat slightly and boil one hour, skimming fat off the top as it accumulates.
- Remove one piece of chicken. Poke it with a fork and if juices are clear then remove all chicken from pot. Do not remove water from pot.
- Pour rice into water in pot and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place chicken on a plate and shred with two forks into bite-sized pieces. When rice is done, add shredded chicken and undiluted soup and stir. Heat and serve in bowls. Salt to taste. Enjoy!