This is a fairly easy, yet delicious recipe that uses simple ingredients you would usually have on hand. It makes a large batch so it's a good dish to bring to a potluck supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken in a VERY large pot with enough water to cover.
- 2Turn heat on high. When water reaches boiling point reduce heat slightly and boil one hour, skimming fat off the top as it accumulates.
- 3Remove one piece of chicken. Poke it with a fork and if juices are clear then remove all chicken from pot. Do not remove water from pot.
- 4Pour rice into water in pot and cook according to package directions.
- 5Meanwhile, place chicken on a plate and shred with two forks into bite-sized pieces. When rice is done, add shredded chicken and undiluted soup and stir. Heat and serve in bowls. Salt to taste. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken N' Rice
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.1
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 94.2 mg
- Sodium 391.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 24.4 g