Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Chicken is marinaded with the most delicious combo of spices! Marinating time is 30 minutes. Chicken Part: Breast | Preparation Method: Marinade, Saute, Salad | Cuisine Style: Southwestern Paula McHargue Richmond, KY
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups torn spinach leaves
- 2 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 cup canned black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro stem
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and place in medium bowl.
- Add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, lime juice and olive oil; stir to coat chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove chicken from marinade with slotted spoon.
- In large nonstick frypan sprayed with cooking spray, place chicken and saute over medium high heat about 5 minutes or until lightly browned and no longer pink.
- In large bowl, place spinach, red leaf lettuce and iceberg lettuce.
- Toss gently and add sweet peas, blackeye peas, corn, tomatoes, green onions and cilantro.
- Mix dressing ingredients.
- Pour Dressing over mixture; toss.
- Add cheese and tortilla chips; toss gently.
- To serve, place salad mixture on platter and arrange chicken strips on top. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro sprigs.
My husband and I really enjoyed this version of a taco salad. I did add about a quarter cup veg. oil to the dressing, since it seemed too runny without. The dressing is deluctable tasting! I only had spinach but it didn't seem to be lacking. Thanks Nana Lee for posting. I want to make this one often! Roxygirl