Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
An easily prepared, tasty chicken dish with a bit of a zing - that all the family enjoy
- 29.58 ml plain flour
- 29.58 ml oil
- 9 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, small dice
- 85.04 g bacon, chopped
- 113.39 g mushrooms, small, thick slice
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 ham stock cube (or bacon)
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bell pepper, small diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 118.29 ml medium dry white wine
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 236.59 ml water
- salt and pepper
- Coat the chicken in flour. Heat large fry pan; add the oil, and seal chicken until turning a golden brown. Place in casserole dish.
- Add all the vegetables and the bacon/ham and cook for 2 minutes. Add the wine, stock cubes oregano, cayenne pepper simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Add to the chicken, making sure that there is enough liquid to not quite cover the meat. Add a little extra water if necessary. Cook in a moderate oven 180°C for 1 hr 30 minutes, or until cooked.
- To microwave, bring to the boil on full, then set on 30% for 45 minutes to simmer.
- N.B a nice variation of the above recipe - use 1 can of tomatoes, with herbs and chili, blend briefly and add when cooking the vegetables. Cut down on the original amount of water.
- Serve with new potatoes or rice and fresh vegetables.
This was great, very tasty. I served it with Buttered Wine Rice and it went down well. The only thing I would change is to cut down on the stock cubes next time as it was just a little too salty. Will be making again, Thanks for posting!