Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Chicken casserole - great for folks on LA Weightloss
- 32 ounces frozen plain hash browns (low sodium) or 32 ounces shred your own from fresh potatoes
- 1 teaspoon morton lite salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons instant herb ox low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Thaw hash browns overnight, or shred fresh. Layer in an ungreased 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Place chicken and mushrooms over hash browns.
- Stir together sour cream, broth, soup, bouillon, onion, red pepper and garlic. Pour over chicken layer. Sprinkle with paprika and almonds.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until heated through and starting to brown on edges.
- LAWL count: 1/2 protein, 1 starch, 2 veg, 1fat.