Recipe by GothicGranola
Another from Pillsbury's "Best Chicken Cookbook" that sounds delicious and simple. It's also low fat. ;)
Top Review by Chef MB
This is very yummy, but I found it's too much poultry seasoning for my family's taste. I cut back to 1/2 tsp and found that to be plenty. Also, sometimes I use leftover cooked chicken, adding it when the the onions and celery are tender. I also add a little extra liquid, since this makes a very, very thick gravy. But this is a snap to put together, very much comfort food.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onions, celery, and garlic; cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Add mixed vegetables, broth, parsley, and poutry seasoning; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. In small bowl, combine milk and flour; blend until smooth. Add to chicken mixture; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low. Separate dough ubti 10 biscutes; cut each biscuit in half. Starting in center of sauce pan, arrange biscuit halves on top of chicken mixture in spiral formation. Cover tightly; cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until biscuits are fluffy and no longer doughy.