Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Tasty little minis... serve hot. From Pillsbury Bake-off finalist, Patricia Yee, Concord, CA.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 3⁄4 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can mexicorn, with sweet Peppers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits (or butter tastin')
- sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease 10 muffin cups.
- In medium bowl, blend cream cheese and mayo until smooth.
- Stir in chicken, corn, cheese and onion.
- Separate each biscuit into 2 parts, top: 1/3 and bottom 2/3.
- Place bottoms in muffin cups and press to cover bottom and sides forming 1/4-inch rim around top.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture into each cup.
- Top each with remaining biscuit "tops", stretching slightly to fit.
- Pres edges to seal to 1/4-inch rim.
- Sprinkle with Sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
These went over quite well around here (my family loves food you can just pick up :) ). I had Grands biscuits on hand and was afraid they would be too large, since they are twice as big as called for (recipe calls for 10 1-ounce biscuits and a tube of Grands is 8 2-ounce biscuits). This size was perfect, though, and after making these I really think the smaller biscuits would be too small. I also had an 11-ounce can of Mexicorn, rather than 7-ounce, so I only used part of it; it ended up that there would have been plenty of room for the rest of the can. Anyway, next time I would definitely use the Grands again and would also use the full 11 ounces of corn. These made a nice light supper with fruit salad on the side, but I also think they would be great to take on a picnic. Thanks for posting!