Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from a Carnation evaporated milk label from the early 70s. I serve with seasoned rice. As usual I add some hot pepper too :)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 lbs chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 can undiluted evaporated milk
- 1 can diced green chilis
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Fry chicken on one side till brown, turn chicken.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking till other side of chicken is well browned.
- Combine soup, milk, green chilies and remaining chili powder.
- Spoon over chicken.
- Cover, reduce heat.
- Simmer 40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
This has become one of my Favorite ways to cook chicken. Delicious, very esay to make. Sometimes after browning the chicken, I add the other ingredients and put it in a casserole and put it in a 350 degree oven for about 30 to 40 minutes. We love this recipe.