Recipe by PsychoCasseroleStepmom
This is an interesting twist on traditional lasagna. I got this recipe from Woman's World magazine. I haven't tried it yet so let me know how it turns out!
Top Review by PsychoCasseroleStepmom
I made this for dinner and it was fantastic! It was fairly simple and quicker to prepare than traditional lasagna. One note: I added a whole jar of marinara sauce rather than the two cups that the recipe called for. It just didn't seem like enough sauce to me so I added the whole jar and it was perfect. Hope you like it!
- 12 lasagna noodles, broken in half crosswise
- 2 cups marinara pasta sauce, from a jar
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium heat cook sauce with Parmesan, seasoning and pepper flakes until hot.
- Combine ricotta, spinach salt and pepper.
- Stir chicken and noodles into skillet.
- Top with spoonfuls of ricotta mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Cover; cook until heated through and cheese is melted 6-7 minutes.