Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Treat your favorite dogs to these healthful, homemade biscuits. They mke great holiday gifts! This came from the Taste Of Life test kitchen. I have not made this.
- Preheat oven to 325. Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, oil, and broth. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Thoroughly stir in cornmeal, milk, cheese, and egg. Add flour, 1 cup at a time, until mixture forms a stiff dough.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface, mixing in additional flour if necessary. When dough is smooth, roll it to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut out bone-shaped treats with a cookie cutter and place them one inch apart on parchment-covered cookie sheets.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely before serving or packaging.