Recipe by Munchkin Mama
I really can't believe this isnt posted already. It was a grand prize winner in the Pillsbury Bake Off in 1978. I usually don't cook with a lot of convenience or processed foods, but I make an exception for these since my husband just loves them.
Top Review by seesko
Okay, I am typing this review for the second time, hopefully it works this time. This was so simple to make and verygood. Everyonen loved it. I used leftover cubed chicken. This would be a great day after thanksgiving dish. I left our the almonds simply because we are not nut people. Made for Pick 3 chefs June 2008.
- 10 ounces hungry jack ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 2⁄3 cup American cheese
- 2⁄3 cup crisp rice cereal
- 9 ounces green giant frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken or 1 cup turkey
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds (I usually omit these) or 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds (I usually omit these)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- Place 1 biscuit in each ungreased muffin cup; firmly press in bottom and up sides, forming 1/2" rim over edge of muffin cup.
- Spoon about 1 T each of cheese and cereal into each cup. Press mixture into bottom of each cup.
- Cut large pieces of broccoli in half. In medium bowl, combine broccoli, chicken and soup; mix well.
- Spoon about 1/3 c chicken mixture over cereal. Cups will be full. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges of biscuits are deep golden brown.
- NOTE: To make ahead, prepare, cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours; bake as directed. To reheat, wrap loosely in foil; heat at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes.