Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A beautiful chicken and pastry braid delivers both on taste and preparation. It's rich, creamy, full of vegetables and chicken and surrounded with a crispy, flaky crust.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 4 ounces shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 (8 ounce) tubes refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients.
- Stir in mayonnaise, and yogurt.
- Unroll both tubes of crescent dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, pressing together forming a 15 inch by 12 inch rectangle.
- Seal seamsand perferations.
- Spoon filling lengthwise down the center third of dough.
- On each long side, cut dough 3 inches toward the center at 1 1/2 inch intervals, forming strips.
- Bring one strip from each side over filling and pinch ends to seal.
- Pinch ends of loaf to seal.
- Brush with egg white, and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown, and filling is heated through.
Made this pretty much as given, although I did use shredded chicken breast & also substituted 1/4 teaspoon of lemon pepper for the salt, & we had a very satisfying main dish! Well worth making again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]