Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
"This cheesy chicken casserole get its vibrant color from frozen vegetables and its unique flavor from crumbled bacon."
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup, milk, 1 cup cheese and bacon if desired. Pour into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls onto the chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Top with the onions and remaining cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.