Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
"This cheesy chicken casserole get its vibrant color from frozen vegetables and its unique flavor from crumbled bacon."
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup, milk, 1 cup cheese and bacon if desired. Pour into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls onto the chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Top with the onions and remaining cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
I thought that this was really good!I used my favorite short cut whichis the can chicken.That saved some time.Then I added some blsck beans and some frozen corn to go with the veggies.My mom loves bread so I doubled the bread topping.I love cheese so I added more cheese to it than called for .I also used some Ms.Dash galic and herb to the casserole instead of salt because mt mom has to watch her salt intake.But, we will make this on alot more!
This is total comfort food. Absolutely one of the best recipes that I have tried on here. I just love this type of food. Thank you so much for sharing. A definite keeper. Yummy!
This is one of the best casseroles I have ever had or served. I had company over the night I made this and everyone asked for the recipe! I added a little bit of the bacon grease and some sour cream into this before mixing. It was rich and comforting. The french onions on top of the biscuits was great! Thank you for posting this recipe, we will be having this every month for sure! :)