Recipe by Courtly
"This cheesy chicken casserole get its vibrant color from frozen vegetables and its unique flavor from crumbled bacon."
Top Review by ally525573
I thought that this was really good!I used my favorite short cut whichis the can chicken.That saved some time.Then I added some blsck beans and some frozen corn to go with the veggies.My mom loves bread so I doubled the bread topping.I love cheese so I added more cheese to it than called for .I also used some Ms.Dash galic and herb to the casserole instead of salt because mt mom has to watch her salt intake.But, we will make this on alot more!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup, milk, 1 cup cheese and bacon if desired. Pour into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls onto the chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Top with the onions and remaining cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.