Recipe by Cookiemom
My philosopy is simple just tastes better. 10 minutes or less prep time. This is one of my simplest chicken recipes and one of my families favorites and tastes like it was made from scratch. I like to call these my little cheat recipes since you pretty much just have to open cans. Its flavor reminds you of a good old chicken pot pie but with a nice rich gravy and fluffy biscuits instead of a flaky crust. My guys like to eat it like a biscuit with gravy over it. The best part is its so fast to put together using everyday canned goodies from the pantry. What can be easier for a busy family. Just a very simple to make comfort food... and oh so good on a cold night. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as my family.
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chicken breasts, chunks (next to the canned tuna in the grocery isle)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) canmixed peas and carrots (drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom pieces (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 8 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (from a can)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together your (drained) chicken, peas & carrots, mushrooms, yellow onion, cream of chicken soup, 4 tablespoons of butter, salt & pepper to taste, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, 1 cup of mozzorella. Pour this into a 9"x13" baking dish, bake it for about 25 minutes on 425 degrees. Remove from oven and top with the grands biscuits, pour remaining butter over biscuits and then top them off with remaining parmesan and mozzorella cheese. Return to the oven at 350 degrees for approx 20 minutes until cheese is melted and biscuits are done. I HOPE YOU ENJOY -- .