1/6 Photos of Chicken & Mushrooms With Creamy Dijon Sauce
This is a very easy and tasty chicken dish, thanks to the wonderful creamy mustard sauce. To make the dish richer,use margarine or butter instead of the cooking spray. You can also use whipping cream instead of the fat-free half and half. You can use any type of mushroom, depending on your preference. I like baby bellas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional)
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons half & half light cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- cornstarch (optional)
- 1Spray skillet with cooking spray. Heat to medium heat.
- 2Sprinkle chicken with thyme, rosemary (optional), salt, and pepper.
- 3Place chicken in the preheated skillet and cook 4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is lightly browned.
- 4Add the chicken stock and sherry. Bring to a boil.
- 5Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Add mushrooms and cook uncovered until the mushrooms are tender.
- 7Remove the chicken and mushrooms from the pan; keep warm.
- 8Add the half and half and mustard to the skillet. Whisk together to blend. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. If desired, thicken sauce with cornstarch -- be careful -- it is easy to get it too thick.
- 9Return the mushrooms to the skillet, and serve the sauce and mushrooms over the chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Mushrooms With Creamy Dijon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.7
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 703.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 31.3 g