Recipe by breezermom
This is a very easy and tasty chicken dish, thanks to the wonderful creamy mustard sauce. To make the dish richer,use margarine or butter instead of the cooking spray. You can also use whipping cream instead of the fat-free half and half. You can use any type of mushroom, depending on your preference. I like baby bellas.
Top Review by Denise!
This was excellent. I added onion powder and paprika to the chicken seasonings and I reduced the Dijon to one tablespoon after reading reviews. I added some parsley for color and I used white wine in place of the sherry. I thickened with a bit of corn starch and water, it was quite thin. Very, very good and goes on the regular rotation. This is a very healthy recipe, but you would never guess.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons half & half light cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- cornstarch (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray skillet with cooking spray. Heat to medium heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with thyme, rosemary (optional), salt, and pepper.
- Place chicken in the preheated skillet and cook 4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add the chicken stock and sherry. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook uncovered until the mushrooms are tender.
- Remove the chicken and mushrooms from the pan; keep warm.
- Add the half and half and mustard to the skillet. Whisk together to blend. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. If desired, thicken sauce with cornstarch -- be careful -- it is easy to get it too thick.
- Return the mushrooms to the skillet, and serve the sauce and mushrooms over the chicken.