Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good recipe for an every day meal.
- 2 whole chicken breasts (skinned & boned)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 2 cups cooked rice (white or long grain)
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces& cook along with the mushrooms in the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir often until chicken is done.
- Drain, discarding all the drippings& set aside in a bowl, keeping the chicken& mushrooms warm.
- In the same skillet, stir together the whipping cream& flour,& add the salt& tarragon.
- Cook& stir until thick& bubbly,& return the chicken& mushrooms to the skillet.
- Cook& stir until heated through,& serve over hot bed of rice.
A simple dish with a subtly delicious taste. It was quick to prepare and very tasty. I'm going to make some more of the sauce to put over my leftovers. The only slight change I made was to up the taragon to 1/2 tsp since it's a flavor I really enjoy.