Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish without a doubt is elegant enough to serve at your next dinner party.
- 6 chicken legs or 8 chicken wings or 4 chicken thighs (OR a combo of all)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 4 cups cold chicken stock (I use the boullion)
- 1⁄2 lb small fresh mushrooms
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream, such as whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon rind, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- DO NOT let this dish simmer as it will develop a burnt taste!
- Place chicken in a pan.
- Sprinkle with parsley; pour in chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil; cover and cook over medium heat until chicken in no longer pink- 15-20 min.
- Add mushrooms and lemon juice; continue to cook 3 min.
- Remove chicken and mushrooms from pan; set aside and keep warm.
- Reserve 2 cups cooking liquid.
- In sauce pan, heat 3 tsbp.
- butter; when hot whisk in flour and cook 30 seconds.
- Slowly whisk in reserved cooking liquid and season generously.
- Cook 5 min.
- over medium heat.
- Pour in cream and lemon rind; season with paprika.
- Meanwhile, saute onion and green pepper in remaining butter for 3-4 min.
- Season well.
- Mix onions,green pepper, and mushrooms into sauce.
- Pour over chicken.