Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw this on Epicurious, on tv. I thought it sounded good. I have not made it yet. I wanted to post it here so that I would not loose the recipe.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (with or without skin)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; dust with flour. Add chicken to skillet; sauté until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and oregano to same skillet. Sauté until mushrooms brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, lemon juice and wine and boil until sauce is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken to sauce. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken and mushroom sauce to platter. Sprinkle with parsley.
This was an easy dish...I wish I had bn more generous when applying the salt and pepper to chicken as mine was almost a bit too bland. I will make again with a few tweeks one of which will be to add cornstarch to the recipe to make more of a sauce (thicker texture) as mine was a bit fluid...you know watery. Thanks for the builder recipe as I feel with a few adjustments/additions this will make for a fine meal
Really good despite me burning it! lol the flavor is good and will make again. Made for ZWT4
My husband loved this dish! (I didn't try it. Sorry.) I served it with 6-Layer Mediterranean Dip and he said they were great together. He kept saying things like, "wow! This is good!" and chuckling. So thanks for the great recipe! Reviewed for ZWT4.