Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy recipe to cook when you are in a hurry and elegant enough to serve to company. I use whatever mushrooms look good to me that day! It's delicious served with rice and a fresh salad.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add chicken and saute' 5 - 7 minutes
- Add mushrooms and onions and saute' 3 minutes.
- Combine broth, cornstarch and mustard.
- Pour over chicken, mushrooms and onions.
- Bring to boil and cook until sauce is thickened.
Since the other reviews indicated it needed a little something. I seasoned the chicken with lemon herb seasoning and tossed in a little extra beside. Liberally added pepper and salt to taste. I added in a couple of spoonfuls of dijon while cooking and instead of bothering with corn starch and stock, what I did is add in 1-2 tablespoons of cream cheese to thicken it up and make it creamy. It was fantastic! Served with Rice pilaf and green beans.
This was great!! However I had to add salt, and black pepper for some taste. I also added garlic, and next time I will add a little Cayenne pepper cuz it just needed a little spice me up! I am rating it 5 stars for the ease and little ingredients it required. Made for PAC 09 and made a complete meal with your Potato Vegetable Quilt. TY :)