Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a dish my mom made up one night about 10 years ago and my dad & I went on and on about it. Very easy and very yummy!
- 453.59 g boneless chicken strips or 453.59 g boneless chicken breast
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml oil
- 226.79 g package fresh mushrooms
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 44.37 ml cooking sherry
- 59.14 ml cooking sherry
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- white rice
- Heat 1 tablespoon margarine and 1 tablespoon oil in iron skillet.
- Brown chicken.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to pan and add 3 tablespoon of sherry.
- Sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Add soup.
- Add 1/2 can-1 can water.
- Add 1/4 cup sherry and stir well.
- Heat until smooth.
- Add garlic, garlic salt, pepper and chicken and cover.
- Cook on low for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
It's pretty good, I didn't have the sherry, so I didn't add any, I added 4 dashes of soy sauce and about 1/4 of a can of water. I also just added all ingredients to the chicken. It's a very delicious meal. Thanks.