Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
Colorful and healthy
Make and share this Chicken, Mushroom, Sugar Snap Peas, and Red Bell Pepper Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, plus extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon peeled grated fresh ginger (or more to taste)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced diagonally into 1-inch slices
- 1 cup sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 green onions, including some green tender tops, sliced (plus finely chopped green tops for sprinkling on top)
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, cooked according to package directions (3 cups cooked)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, wine, cornstarch, ginger, and garlic.
- Stir in the chicken and let it stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- In a wok or large skillet over med-high heat, add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil.
- When the oil is hot, remove the chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon and add it to the wok.
- Reserve the marinade.
- Stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through, 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to the wok.
- When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms, celery, sugar snap peas, bell pepper, and sliced onions and stir-fry until the vegetables are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the wok along with the reserved marinade and stir-fry until heated through and the sauce is thickened, 2-3 minutes; taste and add salt/pepper or red pepper flakes, if needed.
- Sprinkle with the green onions.
- Serve immediately with the rice and additional soy sauce.
Made this without chicken and it was easy and fast. I added a bit more garlic and fresh basil and it all came together nicely