Prep 20 mins
Cook 34 mins
Serve this homey, full-flavored dish with a crusty loaf of bread and a fresh green salad.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces (12 ounces total)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, halved (3 cups)
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced leek
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven combine chicken broth, mustard, thyme, and
- pepper. Stir in chicken, mushrooms, carrots, and leeks. Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove thyme sprigs,
- if using. Combine water and cornstarch. Stir in chicken mixture. Cook
- and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Serve in bowls.
This was unbelivably easy to make. No fuss and cheap and natural. It was filling and tasted much better than I had anticipated. Definitely a keeper