1/1 Photo of Chicken Mushroom Quesadilla
TGIF Girl Friday's Note:
This is always requested when all "the boys" come over for a game. You can make the filling ahead of time and just warm up before putting it in the tortillas. I serve this with sour cream, salsa and Zaar posted "Wholly Guacomole". Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 count flour tortillas
- 1 -2 chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 15 ounces goya black bean soup (drained and rinsed)
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms (crumbled, not too small)
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 8 -16 ounces shredded mexican cheese (depending on how cheesy you like it)
- 1Add a tad of butter to a fry pan and add onions and mushrooms.
- 2When all the water that was released from the mushrooms has evaporated, add the cooked chicken, salsa, green chiles and drained and rinsed beans. In case you are wondering, why rinse the beans? There is so much flavor packed into those little guys from soaking in the soup broth and you don't want a soggy tortilla. Anyhow, simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 3Lightly butter one side of the tortilla and place in frypan (medium-low), add just enough cheese for the filling to stick to. Add the warm filling and top with more cheese. Top with another tortilla that has been lightly buttered on the side facing up. When cheese has melted on the bottom, carefully flip.
- 4Remove to plate when the other side has melted. I use a pizza roller to cut into 4 wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Mushroom Quesadilla
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.9
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 1941.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 28.3 g