Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a restaurant-quality dish that may easily be made at home ---I have omitted capers from the ingredient list I also like to add them in --- you will need a large skillet for this
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (can use more if needed)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced (can use more)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a shallow dish combine the flour with salt, paprika, garlic powder and cayenne.
- In another shallow dish whisk the egg with 2 tablespoons milk.
- Dip the chicken breasts firstly in egg (allowing excess to drip off) then coat into the flour mixture, pressing down with hands to ahear the coating firmly to the chicken.
- Place all the coated chicken breasts onto a plate/s.
- In a large skillet heat oil with butter over medium-high heat.
- Add in chicken pieces and fry on both sides until golden brown (the chicken does not have to be cooked through completely) remove to a plate then cover loosley with foil to keep warm.
- Add in mushrooms and onions saute for about 4 minutes.
- Add in garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the chicken broth with wine, lemon juice and cornstarch; add to the skillet, bring to a simmer stirring.
- Return the browned chicken pieces back to the skillet then gently turn to coat in the broth mixture.
- Simmer over medium-low heat uncovered for about 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with parsley then serve.