1/1 Photo of Chicken Mushroom Pesto Sandwich With Avocado
A delicious way to use leftover chicken, with sauteed mushrooms and onion, melted cheese, and avocado. Accented with pesto spread, on a crusty roll. Vary ingredient quantities to suit what you have, and what you like. Makes a light supper or hearty lunch when accompanied with soup or salad. Recipe is for a single sandwich, but can easily be multiplied.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine mayo, mustard, and pesto. Spread lightly on each half of the sandwich roll.
- 2Heat oil in small skillet. Saute mushrooms and onions until tender. Remove from heat.
- 3Assemble sandwich: On bottom, place sliced chicken. Top with sauteed onions and mushrooms, with cheese slice on top of all. Place loaded sandwich bottom and top on baking sheet, and place in 350F oven. Heat until cheese is melted. (You could also heat on the rack of a toaster oven).
- 4Remove from oven. Add avocado, salt and pepper to taste. Top with other half of roll.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Mushroom Pesto Sandwich With Avocado
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.8
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 83.1 mg
- Sodium 681.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: