Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 package uncooked rotini pasta
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) containerrefrigerated marinara sauce
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium heat; add chicken and cook 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Stir in tomato; heat through.
- Serve chicken mixture over pasta; top with cheese.
Great simple recipe. The only things I did different was used penne for the pasta and made my own marinara sauce and no tomato since my sauce already had diced tomatoes in it. Thanks for sharing.
I won't put stars on here since I changed the recipe a bit. I used a pound of sweet Italian chicken sausage in place of the chicken, 3 cloves of garlic and served it over ravioli and rotini (didn't end up having enough ravioli). It was delicious and tasty and my husband was looking forward to the leftovers for lunch the next day!