Found this in Taste of Home (also one of my favorites)This is something I plan to make real soon. If you make this before me please let me know what you think. They stated it made a great appetizier as well as a quick meal on a busy weeknight.
- 566.99 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 453.59 g medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 7.39 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml heavy whipping cream
- 59.14 ml butter, soften
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 slice French bread (1-inch thick)
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over mediu heat, cook chicken and mushrooms in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, cook 7 minutes longer. Stir in cream, simmer for 4 - 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened (do not boil).
- In a small bowl combine butter and garlic; spread over bread. Place buttered side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 - 6" from the heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Top each slice with 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil for 1 - 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
The topping for the garlic bread is delicious, and so little work! Only thing I'd change is to slice the bread a bit thinner....just a bit. It scratched the roof of my mouth! Otherwise I wouldn't change a thing! Made for PAC 2013.