Recipe by DebiMcG
This white sauce lasagne is a favorite. It's good enough to serve to company. I usually make a Caesar salad and have some crusty french bread on hand. If I don't have cooked chicken on hand, I'll buy a roasted one from the store and debone it, using part of it in here and saving the rest for another meal.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced (don't use canned)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced (at least 2 tsp.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
- 3 cups half-and-half cream (can use fat-free)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons either marjoram or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese (Regiano is best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Lasagna noodles in large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Carefully lay noodles out flat on wax paper and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan or deep skillet, add mushrooms, minced garlic, chopped onions, salt and lemon juice. Cook 5 min @ medium heat. Stir in flour and chicken bouillon - blend well. Add milk and cook @ Med-high or until slightly thick (at least 5 minutes). Stir in chicken, parsley and marjoram (or basil) and set aside.
- Here's an easy trick I learned with the noodles:.
- Mix the ricotta and shredded mozzarella. Spread on Lasagna noodles, pressing it with your fingers. This will make it easier to layer.
- Spread 1/3 cup of the sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 12 pan. (The disposable GLAD ones work great). Lay 3 noodles spread with the ricotta and mozzarella side by side, slightly overlapping if necessary, 1/3 of remaining sauce and sprinkle with 2 TBL of the parmesan. Repeat twice ending with parmesan - can use extra on top if desired.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes. Let stand 15 min before serving.