1/1 Photo of Chicken-Mushroom Crepe Filling
This recipe is from an old weight watchers cook book and though it has been a few years since I last made I will be doing tomorrow night as it is an easy tea and it can also be frozen to be used later. The original recipe uses 360 grams of cooked chicken but I usually use a small cooked chook bought from the deli. I have also upped the original recipe to feed 6, so I have 2 serves for freezing. I like Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes for the crepes but would omit the sugar for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 teaspoons butter (margarine was recommended)
- 3/4 cup onion (diced)
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 30 g plain flour
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3 chicken stock cubes (crumbled or 3 teaspoons of powder)
- 1 small cooked chicken (boned and cut into 1cm cubes)
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme leaves (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups peas (tiny frozen)
- 1In a large saucepan heat butter (or margarine) until bubbly and hot, add the onion and saute until softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 2Add mushroom and saute for 3 minutes and then add flour and cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes long.
- 3Remove pan from heat and gradually stir in water and then add crumbled stock cubes (or powder) and then return to the heat and bring to the boil.
- 4Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes and then add chciken and seasonings and simmer for 3 minutes longer and then stir in peas and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- 5Serve in crepes or if freezing for later use let cool and then divide evenly into plastic freezer bags, label and freeze for future use - defrosting in the fridge overnight and then gently reheat.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken-Mushroom Crepe Filling
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.0
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 607.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: