1/2 Photos of Chicken Mushroom Burgers
Adopted recipe, untried by me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces wild mushrooms (chanterelle, porcini, shitake) or 7 ounces button mushrooms (chanterelle, porcini, shitake)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons bulgur
- 12 ounces lean ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns or 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- grilled red onion, sliced (optional)
- dijon-style mustard (optional)
- 1Remove stems and finely chop half of the mushrooms (1 cup); slice remainder and set aside.
- 2In a small saucepan cook the finely chopped mushrooms and garlic in 1/2 cup of the chicken broth for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- 3Stir in bulgur.
- 4Return to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low.
- 6Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and bulgur is tender.
- 7Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- 8In a large mixing bowl combine chicken, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper.
- 9Add bulgur mixture; mix until combined.
- 10Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- 11Lightly coat a cool rack of grill with nonstick cooking spray.
- 12Place patties on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- 13Grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until burgers are firm and no pink remains, turning once halfway through cooking.
- 14Meanwhile, in small saucepan cook the sliced mushrooms in remaining broth, covered, until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 15To serve, spread mustard on bottom halves of rolls or buns, if desired.
- 16Place patties and some of the sliced mushrooms on top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Mushroom Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.4
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 439.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 27.2 g