Adopted recipe, untried by me.
Make and share this Chicken Mushroom Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 7 ounces wild mushrooms (chanterelle, porcini, shitake) or 7 ounces button mushrooms (chanterelle, porcini, shitake)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons bulgur
- 12 ounces lean ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns or 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- grilled red onion, sliced (optional)
- dijon-style mustard (optional)
- Remove stems and finely chop half of the mushrooms (1 cup); slice remainder and set aside.
- In a small saucepan cook the finely chopped mushrooms and garlic in 1/2 cup of the chicken broth for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in bulgur.
- Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and bulgur is tender.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl combine chicken, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper.
- Add bulgur mixture; mix until combined.
- Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Lightly coat a cool rack of grill with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place patties on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- Grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until burgers are firm and no pink remains, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan cook the sliced mushrooms in remaining broth, covered, until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- To serve, spread mustard on bottom halves of rolls or buns, if desired.
- Place patties and some of the sliced mushrooms on top.