Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cheesy, creamy comfort food. This is one of my husband's favorite meals. The original recipe called for 1 whole chicken, but I usually cube chicken breast into 1 inch cubes instead.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole chicken, cut in pieces
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup canned mushroom, drained
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Set oven to 350.
- Combine flour, salt, paprika and pepper in paper bag.
- Shake chicken in flour mixture.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Brown chicken on all sides.
- Place in a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Combine soup, sour cream and mushrooms.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour, until tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven just until cheese melts.