We love stir-fry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 lb.)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, plus more for serving
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice, cooked according to package directions (2 1/4 c. cooked)
- 1In a wok or large skillet over med-high heat add the oil.
- 2When the oil is hot, add the walnuts and stir-fry until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- 3With a slotted spoon, remove the walnuts and set aside.
- 4Add the chicken and mushrooms to the skillet, and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through and the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add the pepper to taste.
- 6In a small bowl, blend together the cornstarch and soy sauce.
- 7Add to the chicken and mushroom mixture and stir constantly until thickened, about 1 minute.
- 8Remove from the heat and stir in the walnuts; taste and adjust seasoning with salt/pepper.
- 9Serve over the rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Mushroom, and Walnut Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.6
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 827.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 20.4 g