Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 mins
We love stir-fry.
Make and share this Chicken, Mushroom, and Walnut Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 lb.)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, plus more for serving
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain white rice, cooked according to package directions (2 1/4 c. cooked)
- In a wok or large skillet over med-high heat add the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the walnuts and stir-fry until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the walnuts and set aside.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms to the skillet, and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through and the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, blend together the cornstarch and soy sauce.
- Add to the chicken and mushroom mixture and stir constantly until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the walnuts; taste and adjust seasoning with salt/pepper.
- Serve over the rice.