Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great lower fat, creamy chicken dish.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 lb pasta, any kind
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped in half
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup cooked chopped spinach, from frozen or fresh
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 10 ounces low-fat sour cream or 10 ounces yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare the pasta, according to package directions, while you make the rest of the meal.
- Put half the olive oil in a large pan, add the diced chicken and brown- set aside.
- Put the rest of the olive oil in the pan and add the onions and mushrooms.
- Cook until the juices from the mushrooms disappear (about 5- 7 mins) Add the chicken and spinach and mix thoroughly.
- Add the sour cream and blue cheese and stir over a low heat until the blue cheese is melted.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
This was very good. I did add garlic and hot pepper flakes as it was a wee bit bland. Fast and easy to put together and will definately be made again! Thank you for sharing.