Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
Make and share this Chicken, Mushroom and Semi-Dried Tomato Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 250 g semi- sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, halves, drained
- 1 kg chicken fillet
- 200 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chervil or 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pouring cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 170deg.C. Lightly brush a 25cm x 11cm loaf tin with oil from the tomatoes. Place tomatoes, skin side down, in a single layer to cover base of tin.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except cream and mustard. Combine cream and mustard and season to taste with about 1 teaspoon of sea salt and black pepper. Stir through chicken mixture. Spoon into loaf tin, pressing down to pack firmly.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake in centre of oven for 1 1/4 hours. Cool in tin, then refrigerate overnight. Turn out on a serving platter to slice using a serrated knife.