An elegant entrée, a great main or a fabulous finger food, whatever suits you.
Make and share this Chicken, Mushroom and Prosciutto Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Sit your chicken breast on a chopping board and slice it all the way through the middle (like you are filleting a fish).
- You should have two almost identical top and bottom pieces of chicken.
- Repeat for the other breast; set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in pan and add onion, fry until almost transparent and then add garlic. Stir occasionally.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add sliced mushrooms.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Put your chicken breast between two freezer bags and pound it so that it is quite thin then cut it half along the long edge.
- Ok you should now have four chicken pieces- spread each with cream cheese then divided the onion/mushroom mixture between them (spread the cream cheese and the mushroom all over the chicken).
- Roll the chicken up tightly then roll a piece of prosciutto around it and secure with a toothpick, repeat.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan and over medium/high heat seal the chicken parcels on all sides.
- Lower the heat and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through (about 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your breast-- lol).
- Either serve as is with your favorite sauce or cut into slices to serve as nibbles or entrée.