Recipe by Fairy Nuff
An elegant entrée, a great main or a fabulous finger food, whatever suits you.
Top Review by Let's Cook!
Yummy!!! My husband loved this. He keeps asking me to make it again, but I haven't had a chance to make it again. Next time I think I will use regular ham though because it doesn't fall apart as easily, and it's so much cheaper. Very yummy though
- 2 half chicken breast fillets (no skin, trimmed of fat)
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 4 slices of thin prosciutto (or bacon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sit your chicken breast on a chopping board and slice it all the way through the middle (like you are filleting a fish).
- You should have two almost identical top and bottom pieces of chicken.
- Repeat for the other breast; set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in pan and add onion, fry until almost transparent and then add garlic. Stir occasionally.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add sliced mushrooms.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Put your chicken breast between two freezer bags and pound it so that it is quite thin then cut it half along the long edge.
- Ok you should now have four chicken pieces- spread each with cream cheese then divided the onion/mushroom mixture between them (spread the cream cheese and the mushroom all over the chicken).
- Roll the chicken up tightly then roll a piece of prosciutto around it and secure with a toothpick, repeat.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan and over medium/high heat seal the chicken parcels on all sides.
- Lower the heat and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through (about 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your breast-- lol).
- Either serve as is with your favorite sauce or cut into slices to serve as nibbles or entrée.