Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
In my opinion, you can't get a better flavor combination than chicken, mushrooms and onions sauteed together. Mmmmm! This recipe is adapted from Cooking Light magazine.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine ground cumin, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper; sprinkle over chicken.
- Add chicken to pan, and sauté 5 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
- Add onion, mushrooms, garlic, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper to pan; sauté 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Wipe pan with paper towels.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Sprinkle each tortilla with about 1/3 cup cheese.
- Arrange 1/2 cup mushroom mixture over one-half of each tortilla.
- Arrange chicken evenly over mushroom mixture.
- Carefully fold each tortilla in half. Add 2 quesadillas to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese melts.
- Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas. Serve immediately.
I thought the flavors were great! I used leftover chicken that I add the spices too after I chopped it up and added it into the pan with the onions and mushrooms. Will make again!!
Our family loved this recipe. It was fast, easy, the chicken was moist, the flavors were good but most importantly BOTH my children liked it. My son, who never eats much, ate his whole quesadillas and said this was his favorite. Thank you. I will be making this again.
Good, but not too exciting I thought. My husband loved it, but I thought it could use some more flavor or something else inside.