1/2 Photos of Chicken, Mushroom and Cheese Quesadillas
Dine & Dish's Note:
In my opinion, you can't get a better flavor combination than chicken, mushrooms and onions sauteed together. Mmmmm! This recipe is adapted from Cooking Light magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Combine ground cumin, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper; sprinkle over chicken.
- 3Add chicken to pan, and sauté 5 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
- 4Add onion, mushrooms, garlic, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper to pan; sauté 5 minutes.
- 5Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Wipe pan with paper towels.
- 6Heat pan over medium heat. Sprinkle each tortilla with about 1/3 cup cheese.
- 7Arrange 1/2 cup mushroom mixture over one-half of each tortilla.
- 8Arrange chicken evenly over mushroom mixture.
- 9Carefully fold each tortilla in half. Add 2 quesadillas to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese melts.
- 10Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Mushroom and Cheese Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.4
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 93.8 mg
- Sodium 824.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 37.0 g