Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A fabulous slow cooker meal that’s easy enough for a casual weeknight meal and tasty enough for a weekend gathering.
- cooking spray
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 473.18 ml canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 226.79 g mushroom, sliced
- 236.59 ml leek, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced carrot
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced celery
- 177.44 ml uncooked medium-grain brown rice (such as brown Arborio)
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml dried sage
- 4.92 ml table salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; warm over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and brown, turning once, about 6 minutes; set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker; nestle the chicken thighs in the mixture. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours. Yields 1 chicken thigh and about 2/3 cup rice-vegetable mixture per serving.