Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This stir-fry is a favorite with my family. Quick, easy, and not a big mess to clean up.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 lb asparagus spear, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup purchased stir-fry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Let 1 tablespoon oil get hot in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is not pink.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add the other tablespoon oil to skillet.
- Stir-fry asparagus, onion, and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir fry 3 more minutes.
- Add water, cover and steam 2-3 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- In a little bowl, mix together the stir-fry sauce and oyster sauce.
- Add sauce to skillet and also add the chicken back to the skillet.
- Stir-fry a minute or so until heated.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
We really enjoyed this meal. I didn't pay much attention to the quantiities - just used the amount of asparagus, mushrooms and chicken I had on hand. I used all purpose stir fry sauce (Recipe 87748). I sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.
This was yummy! I also added water chestnuts and doubled the sauce, as I used more than 1 1/2 lb. chicken. Served over jasmine rice.
This is one of the best uses of asparagus and a delicious stir-fry recipe. I added a can of sliced water chestnuts and they gave a little more "crunch" to the dish.