Recipe by Marie
A great make ahead dish. Wonderful served over rice.
Top Review by sarahjoyworden
I complete deconstructed this recipe. I saute the chicken separately and I like NurseJaney's idea to use rotisserie chicken. Then in a deep saute or stock pot I follow along with preparing the mushrooms, garlic, butter, adding the flour, then broth, but then I add the drained artichokes to this and add more thickener as necessary until I have almost a gravy consistency to ladel over the chicken or a little less thick to have with rice. I think this began when I didn't want to heat the oven. In all, it is great flavors and thank you for the recipe.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 ",strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in skillet and brown chicken on all sides.
- Place chicken in casserole.
- Add garlic and mushrooms to same skillet and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir.
- Add chicken broth and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Top chicken with drained artichoke hearts and pour mushroom mixture over.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.