Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup has an unusual combination of flavors. It's delicious and different. The recipe came from a American Cancer Society, Michigan Division, cookbook.
- 4 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 2 cloves
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green apple, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces chicken, cooked and cubed
- Bring chicken broth to a boil Add tomatoes, rice, cloves, celery, apples, onion, and green pepper Simmer 30 minutes In separate pan, cook butter and flour for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Do not allow to burn.
- To butter mixture add curry powder, salt, ground pepper, and milk Stir until smooth and add to soup Stir in cooked chicken.
Haven't tried any Mulligatawnies before but as far as soups go, this was pretty good, and definitely satisfied my craving for a rich, spicy and creamy chicken and vegetable soup.