1 hr 45 mins
This is a hearty, somewhat spicy soup. We like it a lot and I am writing it down after receiving a copy from my friend. Soup can be frozen before adding coconut milk, lemon juice and coriander.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 300 g chopped onions
- 400 g chopped potatoes
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 cup red lentil, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste (adjust to suit)
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 liters chicken stock
- 340 g chopped chicken breasts (2)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1Heat oil in large pan and add onions, garlic, ginger and green curry paste.
- 2Cook stirring until onion is soft.
- 3Add carrot, cinnamon quill, lentils, potatoes and chicken stock.
- 4Simmer, covered about 30 mins or until potatoes are tender.
- 5Discard cinnamon quill.
- 6Tast & if too hot use skin of one small lemon, add water or additional stock to reduce the heat and taste is as desired.
- 7Process 1/2 the lentil mixture until smooth,.
- 8return to pan with remaining lentil mixture and chicken.
- 9Simmer uncovered until chicken is tender.
- 10Vitamize the soup - but not to smooth.
- 11Finally before serving add coconut milk, coriander and lemon juice.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Mulligatawny Soup
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.0
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 464.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste