Recipe by Hannelu
This is a hearty, somewhat spicy soup. We like it a lot and I am writing it down after receiving a copy from my friend. Soup can be frozen before adding coconut milk, lemon juice and coriander.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 300 g chopped onions
- 400 g chopped potatoes
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 cup red lentil, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste (adjust to suit)
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1⁄2 liters chicken stock
- 340 g chopped chicken breasts (2)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pan and add onions, garlic, ginger and green curry paste.
- Cook stirring until onion is soft.
- Add carrot, cinnamon quill, lentils, potatoes and chicken stock.
- Simmer, covered about 30 mins or until potatoes are tender.
- Discard cinnamon quill.
- Tast & if too hot use skin of one small lemon, add water or additional stock to reduce the heat and taste is as desired.
- Process 1/2 the lentil mixture until smooth,.
- return to pan with remaining lentil mixture and chicken.
- Simmer uncovered until chicken is tender.
- Vitamize the soup - but not to smooth.
- Finally before serving add coconut milk, coriander and lemon juice.