Recipe by seesko
Super Easy and Yummy. From 30 minute meals.
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
Perfect timing! We're enjoying our first snowfall of the season and what better to come home to (Carly was playing in the snow) than a mug of hot chicken soup. I first poached my chicken in the stock then proceeded with your directions. This is rich, creamy, and going into my permanent files. TFS, made for the Beverage Tag cooking game.
- sweet paprika, for sprinkling
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large refrigerated biscuit (recommended Grands by Pillsbury)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 stalks celery hearts, and greens chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded potato, ready to cook hash browns, available in sacks on dairy aisle
- 1 pint half-and-half or 1 pint cream
- 1 quart chicken stock, available in boxes on soup aisle
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg, a healthy grating
- 1 cup frozen green pea
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven according to package directions and arrange biscuits on cookie sheet. You will have 4 extra biscuits. Save them for ham and cheese or egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches the next morning.
- Sprinkle biscuits with a little paprika and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- In a medium pot over medium to medium high heat, cook chicken in butter 2 minutes then add veggies and season with salt and pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Cook 5 minutes more, add flour cook another minute.
- Add potatoes, then whisk in half-and-half or cream and chicken stock.
- Add nutmeg.
- Bring soup to a boil by raising heat, then turn heat back to simmer and cook soup another 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Add peas. Stir in to warm them through a minute.
- Serve mugs of soup with biscuits on top to cap the mug: chicken mug pies!