1/1 Photo of Chicken Mug Pies
Super Easy and Yummy. From 30 minute meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- sweet paprika, for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large refrigerated biscuit (recommended Grands by Pillsbury)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 stalks celery hearts, and greens chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded potato, ready to cook hash browns, available in sacks on dairy aisle
- 1 pint half-and-half or 1 pint cream
- 1 quart chicken stock, available in boxes on soup aisle
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg, a healthy grating
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1Preheat oven according to package directions and arrange biscuits on cookie sheet. You will have 4 extra biscuits. Save them for ham and cheese or egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches the next morning.
- 2Sprinkle biscuits with a little paprika and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3In a medium pot over medium to medium high heat, cook chicken in butter 2 minutes then add veggies and season with salt and pepper and poultry seasoning.
- 4Cook 5 minutes more, add flour cook another minute.
- 5Add potatoes, then whisk in half-and-half or cream and chicken stock.
- 6Add nutmeg.
- 7Bring soup to a boil by raising heat, then turn heat back to simmer and cook soup another 10 minutes.
- 8Adjust seasonings.
- 9Add peas. Stir in to warm them through a minute.
- 10Serve mugs of soup with biscuits on top to cap the mug: chicken mug pies!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Mug Pies
Serving Size: 1 (725 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.2
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 183.8 mg
- Sodium 753.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 51.2 g