Recipe by Hey Jude
This is a nice 'after work' meal for working couples, or a lunch for the family on weekends.
Top Review by Katrina
These were excellent!! They had a unique combo of flavours that worked well together....somethings I never would have thought of putting together. And they are more filling than you make think....having one whole muffin (the two halves w/all the goodies on 'em) will fill ya up!!!
- 4 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced cooked chicken or 1 1⁄2 cups turkey breast
- 2 English muffins, split,toasted,and buttered
- 4 slices mild red onions
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and cut into 4 thick slices
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wide frying pan, partially cook bacon over medium heat to remove most of fat, bacon should still be limp.
- Lift out and drain on paper towels.
- Arrange chicken over muffin halves.
- Top each with an onion slice and a tomato slice, then sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Arrange 2 bacon pieces on top of each muffin half.
- Place muffins in a rimmed baking pan.
- Broil about 6 inches below heat until cheese is bubbly and bacon is crisp, 3-5 minutes.
- Serve sandwiches open-faced; eat with a knife and fork.