Recipe by whelan.roy
I got this from an old recipe book belonging to my in-laws. The original recipe is for boned turkey breast. The stock ensures the turkey is nice and moist but I do like it better with chicken. Either way it will always go down a treat!
Top Review by waynejohn1234
We enjoyed the subtle flavors in this entree but I think next time I will add some garlic (we eat a lot of it!!!) and a few hot pepper flakes. Will also try different cheese, e.g. fontina. Whatever, made as written it is still very enjoyable and suitable for people who do not like spicy foods.
- 225 g chicken breasts
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 75 g sliced mozzarella cheese
- 25 g plain flour
- 2 knorr chicken stock cubes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the chicken fillets flat and cut into two pieces each.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken with the flour.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown (10 -15mins)
- Transfer to shallow oven dish.
- Fry the mushrooms in the pan for 5 mins, then spoon them over the chicken.
- Add the stock to the pan until reduced by half, then pour it over the chicken.
- Bung your mozzarella onto the chicken, pop the oven dish into the grill until the cheese has lightly browned.